Second Phase

Waleed Alzoukari                                                                                                           12/3/22

English 11000

Phase 2

Cover letter:

In this phase 2 I have learned a lot of new things which will benefit me a lot in the future.One of the things I learned was that when you listen to a song you don’t just focus on how it makes you feel, you focus on many things that went into that song.Artist put a lot of things into there songs that get passed by the listener because they are not fully listening to the song and that’s something I learned during this phase.Furthermore, I learned that next time I listen to a song I should look at it in many different ways and try to understand what the artist is trying to deliver to us and try to find any message that was attempted to be spoken through the song.I also learned that different songs work better with different ages because as people grow they change and began to like different things and end up may not like things they used to love back then.I feel like when it comes to music people don’t appreciate it enough because people just skips through a lot of important things that can mean a lot, if people actually listen they can take away a lot of things from the song

Part one:

The first song I picked is PassionFruit by Drake. It’s a song that creates a calm mood so a person can relax.The song gives a vibe of a person that’s on a beach because for some reason it gives me a tropical feeling and it makes you wine down for a calm night.The Lyrical/poetic strategy I found is that Drake created a really good mood which makes you relax and wine down for the day,The reason why I picked Mood is because the song creates a mood that is really relaxing and gives the feeling of you on vacation.The main part of the song is the beat and also the tone of the artist mixes well with the beat which creates a beautiful song.Usually the mood that the song creates at the start determines the whole song because people will determine if they like it or not from the start and I feel like the artist set a good mood from the start.What I found interesting was that the way the beat made me get in a relaxed mood from the start without even getting to hear the lyrics,Drake was trying to set a relaxing mood something you’d listen to after work and I feel like it worked really well.The intended audience is mostly middle aged people because the paste of the song is slow which appeals to that age group.Usually middle aged people like slower type music unlike the young people which like rap which is fast paste and that worked well because the song is slower paste which applied to them.

The second song I picked is Better By: Khalid, this song is more of a romantic song it fits great for a date night.This song is great for a date because it talks more about love and its well known and it sets a good mood for both parties.The Lyrical/poetic strategy I found is Euphony because the tone of the song is very pleasant to the ear its relaxing and calming,the beat of the song is also smooth which is pleasant.I picked Euphony for this song because this song is different from most the songs of this era, the songs of this era are always loud and fast paced but this song is the opposite its slow and very smooth.The tone of the artist is very calm which is why it fit with Euphony so well, This is a great artist because he makes a lot of these type of songs.With this song the artist was trying to make it a date song because its romantic, the age group I would assume is middle aged also because it fits their age range.This song is the type you drink wine to which middle aged people do.I think The artist accomplished his goal well because it did its job and went viral.I think if someone hasn’t given this song a listen they should do that because I think it’ll be a great use of time and it would be something new to experience.

My third song is Midnight City By:M83,This song is more of a chill song that you would listen to when you want to relax.This song came out a couple of years ago but is relevant till today because of its unique sound.For this sound I also picked Euphony because like the last song it has a really good beat which seats a calm mood throughout the whole song,as one goes and continues to listen to the song you hear the artist finally sing which mixes well with the beat of the song.I feel like Euphony was a good pick because it explains the song really well, the song is mostly a beat which is really calming to the ear.The artist plan was to create a calm song everyone can listen to and have a good time and release some stress, the artist age range was probably in the 20-30 because its a middle aged song.This song is also a really good song to take a good listen to because it’s something unique.

Part 2:

All these songs I just choose connect in a strong way because the mood they set always create a emotional reaction in the mind.These songs are more directed towards the older generation because the younger generation only wants the type of songs that would make them go crazy during parties.The songs I selected create a calm and relaxed mood, when adults have a stressed day these are the type of songs that would make you wine down, these songs fit great because they have the same paste and tone and the beat sounds calm.

In my opinion I feel like It would be a great start to start off With passion fruit by: Drake if you were to put them in order because it starts off everything right by seating a tropical mood which will get you all relaxed, the reason I said tropical mood because when you listen to the beat closely it gives a feeling like you on a beach which is a indescribable feeling.I feel like the song was especially made for that reason which is to relax and enjoy the rest of the day watching the sunset.

The second song that I feel like would fit great after Passion Fruit it would be MidNight City by:M83 because after you are relaxed from the first song this would come in and make you clear your mind because the beat of this song is so unique and something new which will make you focus on it and make forget whatever was bothering you throughout your day because all your attention is going towards the song.I feel like not many know of this artist so it would be something great to explore something new here and there.

Last but not least a song that I feel like would end of the night in a great way would be Better by:Khalid because after your mind is cleared from the last song you want something that would end off the day right and I feel like it’s a great song because the tone of the song would give you the feeling to go to sleep because it’s the slower one of the three I picked so it’s a great fit to be the last one.This song is more known so people know its a good pick so whoever would be listening to this would be happy to end off the day with this masterpiece.

Part 3:

I wasn’t able to make it to class during the peer review we did for the mixtapes so I got help from my siblings on that part, two of my siblings helped me with this part.My first sibling I made him listen to the songs in the order I put it above on and got his opinion after each one so I can see what feeling he got.for the first one it was Passion fruit by:Drake and his response was that it gave him a feeling like he was in nature and that it calmed him down so it was close to the feeling it gave me..The second song he listened to was Midnight City by:M83 and this song he actually liked he said it’s something he would would listen to before he goes to sleep because the beat is great to clear up the mind basically which I agree to.The third song was Better by: Khalid he was telling me that he didn’t like it but it’s something he would play in the car on a highway ride but it’s not really his taste which didn’t surprise me because he’s more Into hip hop rather then some calm music.All in all for my brother I wasn’t expecting him to like any of them because he’s more into hip hop but he ended up liking the one by drake the most.The second person that helped me was my sister and I did something different with her which was I made her listen to all of them and got what she felt about them as a track list together.after she listened to all the songs in order she was saying that this would be a great track list for someone who’s trying to take it easy for the day, she was definitely a fan because she on the older side unlike my brother Which is still young.Before I let my sister listen to the track list I was already expecting her to like it so it wasn’t no surprise.At the end of this test nothing really surprised me because everything I expected out of them came true because I have been around them a lot so I already know there personalities.

Cover letter:

In this phase 2 I have learned a lot of new things which will benefit me a lot in the future.One of the things I learned was that when you listen to a song you don’t just focus on how it makes you feel, you focus on many things that went into that song.Artist put a lot of things into there songs that get passed by the listener because they are not fully listening to the song and that’s something I learned during this phase.Furthermore, I learned that next time I listen to a song I should look at it in many different ways and try to understand what the artist is trying to deliver to us and try to find any message that was attempted to be spoken through the song.I also learned that different songs work better with different ages because as people grow they change and began to like different things and end up may not like things they used to love back then.I feel like when it comes to music people don’t appreciate it enough because people just skips through a lot of important things that can mean a lot, if people actually listen they can take away a lot of things from the song.